Saturday, April 7, 2007

Indie on the prowl!



Here it is. I've started a very nasty habit ( albeit though a very fun one) of doing warm up sketches, and then taking them too far, working on them, instead of the work I was originally warming up for. Darn it! I've gotten some sketches I like out of it, and some good practice, but the work I'm supposed to be doing is going undone. I gotta start the warm up sketches just on my work, I guess. I'm still trying to find my best working habits. I think I need to give up personal drawing until I can learn to do it in moderation. Oh well. Here is my latest warm up sketch that is going too far. I'm not even done yet. I still plan to clean it up, ink it, and colour it. But not till later. Until then, enjoy!

-Howard

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love this one...partly because of the tone on tone colors and how it carries the light of the flame in the cave.

Only a couple more weeks until we move into 11 Ruddington. I'm still freaking out over the financial aspect though. I hate the restaurant biz; you never know how much you'll earn week to week. How about you? You all set to move?