Thursday, May 25, 2006

Family Pictures...not mine....



Here are some picture I did recently for the Jr High group I help lead at my church. Actually, I was put in charge of doing a flier, but I figured since I'm putting out something people will see, why not put some art on it! Spruce it up some. I learned a lot while doing these.....mostly that I'm just terrible at inking. I used technical pens for the entire thing, after a failed practice attempt with ink and brush. To me, you're not really inking unless you're using a brush....so I guess I'll never be an inker. Oh well. Hope you like these. There's definitely evidence of Sean "Cheeks" Galloway seeping into my art these days. like music, my favourite artist seems to be changing weekly. I really like Cheeks art, his ability to show character through shapes. Something I want to try to do. And also the energy in his art. http://cheeks-74.deviantart.com/ If you want to see his art. Really cool stuff!

No comments: