Friday, February 10, 2006

The dream!

It's the way it always is with me. I try something, I aim for it, I go for it on my own strength, and I fail. Anybody ever have that - feel that? This my life that I'm talking about. You ever want something? You want to become a famous....something. Someone. Be the best at graphic design, or accountant, or any number of things, but it's not the most important thing to you? You'd rather just sit back, read a book, hang out with friends, anything other than work hard all day everyday to train to do whatever it is you want to do for a living.

That's me all over. I personally don't think it's a good thing to have no life outside of work, and think it's actually very beneficial to your job to have interests and hobbies, but there is going to be a certain amount of work needed to succeed in anything you do. I'm writing this mainly for myself, 'cause I'm not even sure it there's another human being on the planet that goes through this kind of thing. I don't even know how to describe what my problem is. Probably a lack of motivation, a lack of true desire.

If there is anyone out there like me, or even if there isn't, I'll write it for myself. God can help! But you have to be the one to let Him. How do I mean? Give your life to Him, daily. Again, what the heck does that mean? I can say, "I give my life to You, God!" And that doesn't mean a thing. I'm not giving over control of my body. He doesn't possess me, and walk around and talk and act for me! So what does it mean to give your life to God? Day by day, minute by minute, whenever you feel you don't have the answers, don't know what to do, feel yourself slipping, say to Him, "Lord, I can't do it on my own. I need You - I need your spirit - to guide me, to take over my life and give me wisdom, now, right this moment." And this isn't a one time prayer. It needs to be a minute by minute thing.

And this 'solution' - which isn't a garantee from me to cure all your problems UNLESS you enter into this agreement with God with the right heart. You can't just say magic words and all is well - applies to every problem in your life. And in mine.

So all that to say, I don't have any pictures to post this time around, but with God's help, I'll overcome my laziness, and start pumping out pictures like crazy. All to His glory....in theory. I'm still working on that one, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean.
I was thinking about that "life outside of my job"-thing a lot.
I felt it´s kind of stupid to just live for the job, cause there is more important stuff to do, even. And then i was thinking about "i see my work-partners longer than my friends and my parents" i got real scared.
;-) you know what i mean, i guess.
So that topic is important for me too. thanx for telling me, that i´m not the only one. cause sometimes I think i´m just crazy-minded.
you´re right. to give all to god is more than just words... its´a dayly habbit. it´s work, it´s a fight against yourself and self-righteousness, pride.
Why do we fall? - To get up again.